Google can predict when you will DIE with 95% accuracy using AI
GOOGLE knows everything (or at least it feels that way), and now it can even tell you when you'll die. On August 24, 2018 the wife of late Arizona Senator John Mccain announced that the family have decided to discontinue his treatment for brain cancer, i knew that we will not live for up to 7 days. Not up to 24 hours later Senator John Mccain passed way. This got me thinking and i knew something was clear somewhere. Either the doctor confine to the family using pass medical records or as a Machine learning Expert i knew there is a system somewhere that can predict when someone will die. I did some google search on topics such as "Can AI predict when a patient will die?", "How to predict death rate using machine learning? and "Can we build a system that will tell the family members your patient will not be able to survive a certain illness?
Google's system can chew up anything and make predictions based on it, due to its powerful machine learning capabilities.
Excitingly, Google's AI doesn't just predict whether you'll live or die.
It can also guess at the length of a patient's stay in hospital, and their chances of being readmitted.
So exactly how accurate is the AI? When we talk about probability, a 1.00 score is perfectly accurate.
And a 0.50 score is a 50/50 chance – so an AI that scores 0.50 is no better than a human making random guesses.
Here's how Google's AI fared based on various outcomes:
- Predicting if a patient would stay long in a hospital - 0.86(Google) vs 0.76 (traditional methods)
- Predicting inpatient mortality - 0.9 (Google) vs 0.86 (traditional methods)
- Predicting unexpected readmissions after a patient was discharged - 0.77 (Google) vs 0.70 (traditional methods)
- Do you thing AI is a force for Good?
- When will such a system be tested in Africa?
- Which Country will lead a research team to carry out research on related AI field in Africa.